Responsible for meeting internal customer needs through application development, deployment and life-cycle management, specializing in Windstream’s provisioning application. Includes development initiatives, implementation, configuration and deployment of custom applications and modified off-the-shelf applications, as well as developing integrations between Windstream's systems. This position will interact with other organizations within IT and the business, to provide proactive solutions to the business and drive business value.
Skills and Competencies:
This position calls for excellent competencies in a variety of areas, including:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Familiarity with REST API services
- Experience working in a Unix terminal with some basic shell scripting
- Knowledge of docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Unit and integration testing
- Distributed version control systems such as GIT
- Support Gitlab to allow CI and CD
- Working java knowledge is a plus
- Performs moderately difficult software engineering tasks (dependent on project needs) such as requirements gathering, design documentation, development, testing and preparing for release.
- Embraces DevOps philosophy by developing, supporting and maintaining products through the development lifecycle.
- Works with business/customer to gather requirements and writes documentation.
- Participates in the design documentation process by authoring various components of project.
- Writes, debugs and modifies code for various software components.
- Writes automated test scripts, tests software and works with Quality Assurance to correct software bugs.
- Writes installation/setup/training documentation.
- Participates in team design/code reviews.
- Writes management status reports.
- Provides accurate time estimations on tasks outlining the level of effort required for various projects.
- Based on project needs, interface with other groups within IT to review impact to those departments.
Participates in team meetings to review status of projects.
Minimum Qualifications:College degree in a Technical or a related field and 0-2 years professional level experience; or 4 years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. 401686