There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us. Overview T. Rowe Price seeks a Software Engineer in Owings Mills, MD to:
- Design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term IT solutions through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure.
- Review and interpret system requirements and business processes as well as code, test, debug and implement software solutions.
- Deliver high quality technical solutions and design system implementations design systems and to obtain information on technical limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Position requires a Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field plus 2+ years’ experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), AWS infrastructure, Kubernetes, ECS, Apache Spark, AWS EMR and Pivotal Cloud Foundry Cloud, react UI development and/or Java / Python backend development;
- 2+ years’ experience with database querying and designing for relational DBs (e.g. Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL), develop data models or schemas from scratch and concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions, and cloud technologies.
- 2+ years’ AWS experience, implementing suitable software using unit, integration, and acceptance testing at the time of feature development, as well as developing practical APIs and abstractions.
FINRA Requirements FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role. Work Flexibility This role is eligible for remote work up to three days a week. Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day. Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering. T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.