Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
As an emerging technical expert participate and occasionally lead (under supervision) team-based efforts surrounding design, development, deployment and support of solutions in response to business needs.
What you will do
- Design, build, unit test, deploy, coordinate and troubleshoot custom software solutions in response to business needs.
- Build, deploy, coordinate and troubleshoot integration between various Empower systems.
- As necessary, participate in troubleshooting integration with outside partners/vendors in support of business needs and under the direction of the Lead Developer.
- Operate within the team-specific SDLC lifecycle and process, in-alignment with broader departmental or divisional lifecycle and process.
- Provides opinion and other inputs in aid of decision-making surrounding optimal Quality Assurance methodologies and solutions.
- Based on decisions made, assist in design, deploy and operation-of Quality Assurance methodologies and solutions in support of business needs.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Respond-to and resolve somewhat complex and/or escalated issues.
- Confer with software vendors in the event operational issues require a change from the vendor, under the direction of the Lead Developer.
- Provide skilled technical support and guidance directly to end users.
- Assist Lead Developer with the oversight of the team being led.
- Trains and mentors less experienced staff.
- Act as a liaison between business areas supported and development team.
- Performs moderately complex system and application testing, ensuring delivery meets business needs.
- Prepares appropriate documentation from which systems and solutions are supported and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree Expertise in Design Patterns, Java, SQL, Open Source Frameworks.
- Technical and/or Agile certifications.
What will set you apart
- Participate in, and occasionally lead, a Scrum Development Team.
- Some Software Architecture Skills and Experience.
- Collaborative technical leader.
- Must be able to rely-upon this role to provide oversight and occasional guidance to the team when asked to do so.
- Engages approved vendors when/if operational issues require it for resolution, and typically under guidance and purview of Lead Developer. Seeks to establish, kindle and foster a network of external contacts in-industry
- Other physical duties as required.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
CO Greenwood Village
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.